• China Import Co (former name of Sinochem Corporation) was established in 1950 &
was the first state-owned import & export enterprise specializing in foreign trade .
• Panda medical latex gloves, Sining series of medicines and Goodspeed tyres
William Morrison Supermarkets
• 1899: It was in 1899 that egg and butter merchant William Morrison, father of Sir Ken Morrison, started a
stall in a Bradford market that lead the way in supermarket retailing.
• 1961: "Victoria", the company's first supermarket, is opened in Bradford in 1961.
• 2004: Morrisons completed the takeover of Safeway, creating the UK's fourth largest supermarket group