• PPR is a French multinational holding company specializing in retail shops and luxury
brands. The company was created by the billionaire businessman François Pinault
and is now run by his son François-Henri Pinault.
• It was originally called Pinault-Printemps-Redoute, but changed its name to simply
• François Pinault's holding company Artemis S.A. also owns Converse sneakers, Samsonite luggage, the
Vail Ski Resort in Colorado, and Christie's auction house.
• Artemis also owns Executive Life (now Aurora Life) in California, which was sued by policy holders when the
• PPR's brands include Gucci, Balenciaga and Stella McCartney.
• PPR also owns more-affordable catalog brands Lerner and Chadwick's.
• The second "P" of the group's name, "Printemps", was sold in 2006 to an investment group.
• Pinault's personal art collection is now showcased in Venice in the Palazzo Grassi.