G K Quiz on Current Affairs
1. Who was recently re-elected the President of the People's Republic of
(A) Hu Jintao
(B) Jiang Zemin
(C) Ma Ying-jeou
2. Who recently won the 'Person of the Year' award by the India Abroad
newspaper in New York?
(A) Indra Nooyi
(B) Mira Nair
(C) Deepa Mehta
3. Mr David A Paterson was in news recently for what reason?
(A) For being the first legally blind person to become the governor of a US
(B) For winning the Booker Prize
(C) For conquering Mt Everest
4. Who recently became the first ever woman to become the Speaker of
(A) Fahmida Mirza
(B) Fahtima Bhutoo
(C) Razia Mirza
5. Who won the Femina Miss India Universe title in 2008?
(A) Parvathy Omanakuttan
(B) Simran Kaur Mundi
(C) Harshita Saxena
6. Who won the WTA Tour Player of the Year 2007 award?
(A) Maria Sharapova
(B) Justin Henin
(C) Venus Williams
7. Which Indian cricketer recently became the third cricketer in history to
score two triple Test centuries?
(A) Sachin Tendulkar
(B) Virender Sehwag
(C) Rahul Dravid
8. Who/what won the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, disarmament and
Development for 2007?
(A) Aung Saan Suki
(B) Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
(C) Medha Patkar
9. The Anglo-Dutch steel company Corus was recently taken over by
(B) Jindal Steel
(C) Tata Steel
10. Who is the President of India?
(A) APJ Abdul Kalam
(B) Somnath Chatterjee
(C) Pratibha Patil
11. Which is the first Indian bank to get approval to start normal banking
operation in China?
(A) Indian Bank
(B) State Bank of India
(C) Corporation Bank
12. Which Indian company manufactures automobiles for Mitsubishi?
(A) Tata Motors
(B) Bajaj Tempo
(C) Hindustan Motors
13. Which one of the following is the world's busiest port today?
(A) Port of Rotterdam
(B) Port of Shanghai
(C) Port of Singapore
14. For international payments, the Indian currency is linked to
(A) British sterling
(B) American Dollar
(C) International oil price
15. Which of the following countries is the top source of FDI inflows to India at
1.(A) 2.(B) 3.(A) 4.(A) 5.(B) 6.(B) 7.(B) 8.(B) 9.(C) 10.(C)
11.(B) 12.(C) 13.(C) 14.(B) 15.(A)